Did you drop your iPhone in water or spill your Coffee on it? It may work now but parts will start to fail, bring your device in-store for us to examine & repair.
Liquid or water damage can occur for a variety of reasons. These include things like:
1. Spilling a drink on your iPhone.
2. Dropping your iPhone in a pool, hot tub, bath or in the ocean.
3. Even humidity and steam can damage your iPhone.
If you have just dropped your iPhone in water or spilled liquid on it here’s what to do.
1. Turn off your iPhone immediately. This will lower the chance that your device will short circuit.
2. Remove your case and take out your sim card tray to allow air to flow through your iPhone.
3. Dry the outside of your iPhone with a dry cloth or towel. Make sure to dry the speakers, charging port, and sim tray.
4. Next, you’ll want to leave your device in a warm, dry place for it to air out. On the table or by a window is a good place.
5. Contact us on another device and bring it in-store for our repair specialists to examine your iPhone.
Don’t have a recent backup of your device? Then it may be difficult for us to restore your data in the event of data loss due to liquid damage. We understand how important your documents and photos are to you and will try our best to recover it.
If your iPhone has suffered from water or liquid damage and you want your data back then it’s best to take your iPhone in-store or contact our team today.
Some common problems when your iPhone has suffered from liquid damage can be repaired by our repair specialists.
If your iPhone won’t turn on after suffering from liquid damage, there’s usually two main issues. Either your iPhone has short circuited or physical components have been damaged.
Book a repair appointment with us for a repair diagnostic.
If your iPhone won’t charge then it may be due to charging port damage. Your iPhone battery may also need to be replaced as it’s likely damaged from liquid.
Your screen can be damaged by liquid very easily, you’ll be able to tell if your screen is damaged if you can hear sound but the display is black.
Your screen can still stop working months after liquid damage.
Many times, your phone seems to work but components may be broken such as your speaker, cameras, wireless charger or even volume buttons.
If these parts aren’t replaced, then it may cause other issues and other parts of your iPhone can stop working.
At Custom iPhones we charge $40 to assess your device and run our repair tests. Following this, one of our repair specialists will contact you as to what the issue is, whether it can be fixed and the pricing of the repair.
Apple does not cover water or other liquid damage under AppleCare+ or their Limited Warranty. To assess the damage they will charge an $89 fee and an excess of up to $2000 for a replacement device.
In some cases, repairing your device may cost more than the purchasing price and a refurbished device may be the best option. Shop refurbished devices.
It may not happen straight away but eventually the damage will cause some components to stop working or even break your iPhone. The best course of action you can take is to have it examined by our repair specialists as soon as possible.
We’re currently updating our website to bring new things to you. For full functionality, check back soon!